The British Construction Industry International Award is for projects outside the United Kingdom to which a UK based British construction firm has made a significant contribution. Here is the shortlist.
- The awards will be presented at a gala dinner on Wednesday 14 October. To book a table at the event, download a booking form at www.bciawards.org.uk
Beijing South Station
- UK Principal Designer: Farrells
Beijing South Station is a multimodal transportation hub and link to the new high speed intercity network. The station is designed to handle 220,000 passengers a day.
Experimental Media and Performing Arts Centre
- UK Architect: Grimshaw
- UK Engineer: Buro Happold
A 20,000m² building comprising four separate auditoriums plus audio and visual production facilities and a studio.
The Dolder Grand Hotel
- UK Designer: Foster & Partners
Foster & Partners’ design has revitalised the Dolder Grand Hotel more than doubling its accommodation. The scheme involved propping the façade of the historic structure and reinstating the Dolderbahn cog railway station.
Beacon Hill Station and Tunnels
- UK Designer: Mott MacDonald
Beacon Hill Station and 1.6 km of adjoining twin bore tunnels form part of a new 22.5km railway connecting Seattle with SeaTac International Airport designed and constructed in very poor soil conditions.
Dames Point Container Terminal
- UK Consultant: Halcrow Dames
Point is one of the largest container facilities on the United States east coast − built alongside a 12ha freshwater wetland.
- UK Designer: MJP Architects
- UK Structural Engineering: Adams Kara Taylor
A new British Embassy in a tailormade environment of high quality on a 3.8ha site in the centre of Bangkok.