1 Boyle has joined the Buro Happold Sustainability and Alternative Technologies (SAT) division, whose remit is to deliver environmentally sustainable solutions that reduce carbon emissions, by harnessing low and zero carbon energy sources.
2 She has worked in the built environment for over 12 years. She has extensive experience in sustainably-led building development and design, 3D modelling, simulation, passive design and environmental assessments.
3 Boyle is looking forward to involvement in a variety of projects with Buro Happold. Although she has worked on many sustainably-led developments in the past, this is the first time she will be part of a dedicated team, with such specialist knowledge.
4 Buro Happold is committed to providing a broader range of services. Boyle will be involved in masterplanning and environmental planning projects. She will also working closely with an expanding infrastructure team.
5 The SAT team is contributing to various projects in Scotland including sustainable housing and mixed-use developments, as well as sustainable energy strategies. It is also working on a new Children's Discovery Centre in Syria.
- Hemsley Orrell Partnership (HOP) has made Alan Taylor and AdamHumphrey directors. As part of HOP's restructure, Nigel Hosker becomes head of coastal engineering works, Mark Naumann becomes head of infrastructure and flood risk divison, and Lee Stewart heads up building structures team. All staff have been with HOP for several years.
- Atkins has appointed Sunil Gogna as senior consultant to its Cambridge office. In his role he will assist Atkins' growing workload in helping local authorities to formulate and deliver their local transport policies and plans. He joins from the Government Office for the east of England.
- Environment and engineering consultancy STATS promoted two key members of staff. Dr George Tuckwell (pictured) is now a director after joining four years ago to lead the geophysical survey and numerical modelling division. He completed his PhD at the University of Southampton in 1998 before taking lectureship positions in geophysics at the University of Liverpool and then at Keele University. Mark Steward takes the position of associate director based at its Coventry office. He joined the company in 2006.
- Nadeem Afsar has joined Faber Maunsell as an associate director of transportation in its Altrincham office. Afsar has joined from WSP Group where he was a principal engineer. Craig Giaccio has joined the Beckenham office as an associate director. He has been involved with rail bridging work for Network Rail and has worked as a project and design manager for White Young Green.
- Milton Keynes bases Hydrotech Europe appointed Bogusia Matusiak-Varley as managing director. The company specialises in solving water ingress problems.